Newsroom

Posted: June 11, 2016

Special Exhibition Marks 45th Anniversary of Seminal Gift of Photography to Princeton

When David McAlpin, Princeton Class of 1920, donated more than 500 fine-art photographs to the Princeton University Art Museum in 1971 – in an age in when photography was still considered a reproductive medium – it became one of the earliest museums to commit to photography as an art form. In addition to these gifts of art, McAlpin endowed an acquisitions fund at the Museum as well as a professorship in the history of photography at Princeton – the first in the nation. See all

 

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Related Articles

This article has no other related articles.

Instagram